|Country||Cases||New Cases||Deaths||New Deaths||%||Recovered||%||Active|
- Coronavirus Upends College Admissions Tests, Creating Chaos for Students September 22, 2020An Iowa school district that defied a reopening order is moving toward a “hybrid” model. South Korea suspends a plan to provide free flu shots to 19 million people.
- Too Much Weight Gain During Pregnancy May Raise Allergy Risk in Babies September 22, 2020When a pregnant woman gained more than 33 pounds, the risk of childhood asthma or a food or drug allergy in offspring increased.Nicholas Bakalar
- Advice on Virus Transmission Vanishes From C.D.C. Website September 22, 2020The new guidance, published only on Friday, had acknowledged that fine particles floating in air may spread the virus.Apoorva Mandavilli
- If the Supreme Court Ends Obamacare, Here’s What It Would Mean September 21, 2020The Affordable Care Act touches the lives of most Americans, and its abolition could have a significant effect on many millions more people than those who get their health coverage through it.Reed Abelson and Abby Goodnough
- Health Officials Tiptoe Around Trump’s Coronavirus Vaccine Timeline September 21, 2020New Zealand says it will ease its virus measures. Lockdowns return as Europe faces a second wave.
- AstraZeneca Releases Blueprints for Virus Vaccine Trial Amid Safety Scrutiny September 21, 2020A surge of infections in the Southwest and the Midwest is partly driving an uptick in cases nationally. The eight remaining members of the Supreme Court are expected to hear arguments next month via telephone.
- Trump Again Scorns Science on Masks and Vaccines September 21, 2020President Trump urged Republicans to “go for the much higher numbers” in stalled negotiations over another economic recovery package, undercutting his party’s push for a bare-bones plan.
- As Covid-19 Cases Rise, Europe Enters ‘Living-With-the-Virus Phase’ September 21, 2020People across the continent have largely gone back to work, even as the possibility of a second wave looms. Officials in Texas have recorded more than 700,000 coronavirus infections, and India’s caseload has topped five million.
- Defying the Family Cycle of Addiction September 21, 2020In a family plagued by addiction, I was determined to help my teen recover from surgery without opiates.Jennie Burke
- U.S. Health Officials Tiptoe Around Trump's Vaccine Timetable September 20, 2020The administration’s experts tried to find a way to support both the president and the reality of scientific and medical constraints he doesn’t always recognize.James Gorman